Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Simplifying Things


Happy Summer folks,

So, it has been a VERY challenging time.  I have a loved one who is really struggling health-wise, and my family is just hoping for the best.  Your best wishes would be so appreciated!  Things are put into perspective in a very sharp way when things like this happen, and it's been amazing how friends who I haven't seen in years have been so supportive.  I'm trying to keep a healthy balance going, wherein I maintain some semblance of normalcy, which I think is the best approach for anyone in the midst of a stress-inducing event.  So I'm still making, as always, and staying true to my identity as an artist.
 
  I made this pair of earrings years ago, gold with amethyst rounds, that I loved and wore all of the time, but had forgotten about until a dream a few days ago.  I have no idea what brought them to mind, but afterwards, I went on a tear and started making a dozen variations of these earrings, combining a hematite chevron pieces and now, these semiprecious drop pieces.  Making these pieces balances out the very complex, detailed terrarium pieces I'm creating, and as I mentioned earlier, balance is good!  I'll be introducing some necklaces to accompanying the earrings shortly, and will offer them in sets as well.  I hope you enjoy them!
rainbow of semiprecious rounds with these amazing conical beads that I'd hoarded years ago.  I think something in me is really craving simplicity these days, evidenced by the

Cheerio!
Dara

No comments:

Post a Comment