Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And on Saturday, the Festival!

Hieropice at Assembled
Zombie Romance
The sun is waning, we're moving away from the "Dog Days" into Autumn.  I'm allergic to sun, so I'm certainly not mourning the end of Summer as most folks are!  I love Fall, and can't wait for colorful leaves, apple-picking, crisp air, pumpkin pies, intense sunsets, Thanksgiving, and busting out my shawl collection.  Yup, I'm ready for Fall, bring it on!
I posted a while back about producing September 7th's "Assembled: A Handmade Arts Market at Assembly Row" arts festival; it'll be my second.  I'm really excited about the vendors we'll have on Saturday; particularly the artists who I'd really wanted to join us for the May 18th opening show, but who weren't available.  Zombie Romance will be there on Saturday, with original illustrations by Kristilyn Stevenson in comic, jewelry, card and print form, as will Uni-T, will t-shirts and prints featuring artist Eujin Kim Neilan's original artwork. Moozydoo will join us, with her handmade cloth shoulder bags in vibrant colors and bold patterns, and Dominique Custeau will be selling her handmade fused glass jewelry.  I am proud to call these artists my friends.  And there will be a lot more, perhaps even a flashmob around 1:30 PM, but you didn't hear that from me.Assembled takes place at Assembly Row (formerly the Assembly Square Mall, in Somerville), at 145 Middlesex Ave., Somerville, from 11 AM to 4 PM, Saturday, September 7th.  See you there!
Moozydoo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment